Should I Call An Electrician?
Should I Call An Electrician?
Do you know when it is advisable to call out an electrician and what an emergency electrician service is for? Hopefully this article will explain what we can do for you and when you should call us if you have an electrical emergency.
8 Reasons it is Time to Call Your Local Electrician
- Your lights keeping going out or fuses blowing or tripping regularly.
For either of these symptoms we advise you call us to check your electrics as there could be a dangerous fault in one of your circuits that could lead to a fire in your home.
- You are tripping over extension cables and you are using multi-plug extensions at every socket,
Overloading a socket can cause fire so be safe and call us to install some new sockets.
You have just bought some beautiful new lights but have discovered fitting them is more complicated than fitting a light shade. Call an electrician to fit your new lights to ensure you don’t electrocute yourself and that they are fitted safely and correctly.
Whether you want to hang a mirror that has lights, fit a shaver point, or install a new electric shower always employ a professional electrician when working with electrics in a place with water. You don’t want to run the risk of electrocution either during fitting or when having your first shower.
- Flickering lights.Do you find your lights flicker or dim when you switch on another appliance e.g an hairdryer or food mixer? Don’t just ignore this, it could be a warning of a bigger, more dangerous problem with your electrics.
- Smoking Outlets.If you notice that one of your outlets is smoking, stop use of the outlet immediately, turn off the circuit breaker (provided there are no signs of fire there), and call the fire brigade. You’ll want to make sure there’s not something burning within the wall. After that’s taken care of, let us know so we can help you resolve the issue.
- You live in a property over 25 years old
Electrical safety laws have become far more stringent in recent years. If your property is old and hasn’t had the electrics checked for over 10 years, or is now over 25 years old, then it is probably time you had your fuse board and electrics checked.
- Do you see exposed wires? Any time that you do, this is cause for alarm. Exposed wires mean an increased risk of electrocution and fire, as well as require immediate repair.
When only an Emergency Electrician will do!
An electrical emergency is when you feel you and your family are in danger and you need help from an electrician as soon as possible.
• Power failure
If you notice that your home is the only one in the street with no electricity, then you may need our assistance. We offer 24-hour emergency service to take care of your issues.
• Small Electrical Fire or Smoke
If you see smoke coming from a socket or have extinguished a small fire, then call us immediately to fix the problem.
• Flood Damage
Water and electrics DO NOT mix, therefore if your sockets or lighting have had water damage call an emergency electrician.
There are hundreds of other reasons why you may need an electrician and some may be large jobs such as a full re-wire of a house or wiring a new extension. However this article covered some of the smaller jobs that you may ignore or try to DIY. Electricity can be dangerous so we strongly advise that you call professional electricians like ourselves to upgrade or fix your electrics.
Please get in touch to discuss your requirements or for a quote.